In a culture that rarely sees pregnancy as a journey to self-discovery, Body, Soul, and Baby offers a fresh perspective on this transformative life experience by showing women how to tune in to the cues offered by their bodies and souls—as well as by the babies growing within them—for a healthier pregnancy, a more fulfilling birth experience, and a deeper bond with their baby.
Drawing on the best of both complementary and conventional Western medicine, Dr. Gaudet has written a groundbreaking guide that shows you how to become an active participant in your pregnancy. By working with the natural processes of pregnancy, you can discover how to:
• Pick up important signals from within about what you need, what your body needs, and what is right for both you and your baby
• Tune in to cues that can alert you to early signs of problems
• Use the mind-body connection to reduce stress, explore this remarkable life change, and bond with your baby
• Nurture your whole self, including your evolving sexual and sensual needs
• Make informed and conscious choices that reflect both your personal feelings and the latest
• Collaborate with your doctor or midwife, and build a supportive health-care team
Empowering, inspiring, and respectful of the wisdom of the female body and spirit, this invaluable book also includes advice on eating right and staying active, and natural and alternative approaches to pain relief. Whether you’re already pregnant or preparing to be, the time to start listening to your inner wisdom is now, and the guide to doing it is here.