CPT Professional 2020 (CPT / Current Procedural Terminology (Professional
CPT(R) 2020 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services.
Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Since the CPT(R) code set is a dynamic, everchanging standard, an outdated codebook does not suffice. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT(R) 2020 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other codebook can provide the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The CPT(R) 2020 Professional Edition codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes and features:
- CPT(R) Changes, CPT(R) Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index — aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced codebook table of contents — allows users to perform a quick search of the codebook’s entire content without being in a specific section
- Section-specific table of contents — provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section’s codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides a quick reference to 2020 changes without having to refer to previous editions
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families, multianalyte assays and telemedicine services
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes
- Adhesive section tabs — allow you to flag those sections and pages most relevant to your work
- More full color procedural illustrations
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection
The American Medical Association has promoted scientific advancement, improved public health and protected the patient-physician relationship since its establishment in 1847. The AMA is the premier national organization dedicated to empowering the nation’s physicians to provide safer, higher quality and more efficient care to patients and communities.
For more than 50 years, the AMA, in drawing upon its deep expertise and resources, has authored and published books, data files and online resources that answer the needs of today’s busy physicians and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation, impairment, HIPAA and electronic health records.