Family and Medical Leave: Law, Health Care, and Social Services
The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals with the information necessary to guide patients and make clinical decisions regarding the needs for an extended leave from work. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Outline the types of leave available in the United States.
2. Describe the impact of leave-taking on individual, family, and community health.
3. Identify common obstacles to leave-taking.
4. Discuss the legal rights of workers to take leave.
5. Analyze the role of healthcare and social service providers in ensuring access to leave.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.