Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Now with a free mobile & web app with print purchase!
Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review has over 5K ratings on the iOS store with 4.8 stars!
If you’re studying for the family nurse practitioner exam, the highly acclaimed Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review is a must-have. Now with a free mobile and web app with purchase, it’s easier than ever to study for the FNP exam. The third edition of this highly rated review continues to promote efficient, time-saving study by synthesizing the complex knowledge needed to pass the exam into a concise, well-organized format. It is updated with key information about the new ANCC and AANPCB certification exams, including new test format questions featuring photos of skin and eye conditions and EKGs, and more challenging drag and-drop and multiple-choice questions. Also new to the third edition in this FNP review guide is more detailed information about nonclinical topics on the exam, including research, ethics, medico-legal issues, advanced practice law, health practices of major cultures, and reimbursement guidelines. One hundred new review questions throughout the book and on the practice exam―including answer key and rationale―increase the total number of questions to more than 700.
When completing an AANP FNP review, it’s important to have a highly rated study guide that’s up to date. The First Edition of this Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Review was rated 100 Points; 5 Stars by Doody’s Medical Review.
The updated third edition includes:
- Updated information reflecting the new FNP certification exam
- New test format questions used by the AANC, including photos of skin and eye conditions, EKGs, and more complex drag-and-drop and multiple-choice questions
- 100 new in-depth FNP practice questions for a total of more than 700
- Differential Diagnosis in table format
- Additional information about nonclinical topics including culture, spirituality, and health practices; evidence-based medicine; and more
Key features of this FNP Exam Intensive Review Guide:
- Provides a succinct, precisely targeted review of diseases commonly seen in primary care
- Delineates strategic “question dissection techniques” for study success developed by the author
- Includes Exam Tips and Clinical Pearls to help prioritize and interpret test content
- Outlines Normal Findings and Benign Variants in physical assessment of each body system
- Offers intensive pharmacology review
Free web and mobile app included with print purchase!
- Includes all the high-quality content from the book!
- Information at your fingertips anytime, anywhere.
- Available on iOS, Android, and the web, with a powerful, simple-to-use interface.
- 700+ board-style FNP practice questions and answers
Designed to help FNP students boost their confidence through intensive review and high-quality questions, the third edition of Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review features succinct, precisely targeted “need-to-know” details of diseases commonly seen in primary care. It covers the entire life span from pediatrics through geriatrics, and offers extensive test-taking techniques and question dissection and analysis sections that provide strategies for identifying the best clues during the problem-solving process. Organized by body system, sections are consistently formatted and encompass Danger Signals, Normal Findings, Lab Findings, Benign Variants, and individual Disease Review topics for each system. Additional outstanding features include Exam Tips and Clinical Pearls that help to focus system study on key information.
Paperback ISBN-13: 9780826134295
Maria T. Codina Leik, MSN, APRN, BC, FNP-C is the President and Principal Lecturer at National ARNP Services, Inc., her own company. Well-known for her ability to simplify complex concepts for her students, she is a popular speaker and educator. Ms. Leik taught previously in the NP program at Florida International University Graduate School of Nursing. She is Board Certified in two specialties: Family NP and Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP by the AANP and ANCC. Her research findings have been presented at an international HIV conference as well as at nursing conferences. In addition to her two NP certification review books published by Springer Publishing, she is the author of book chapters in two NP textbooks. Ms. Leik is a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society.