An illustrated survival guide with step-by-step instructions, a world-wide list of emergency phone numbers, first aid techniques, and detailed description of what-to-do in over 60 medical emergency conditions. Navigate from Table of Contents or search for words or phrases. FREE Basic First Aid, First Aid Techniques, and Bites Chapter in the trial.
Audience: Intended for everyone interested in first aid. No previous knowledge of medicine is necessary.
– Fully illustrated.
– Detailed explanations of CPR, rescue breathing and other first aid techniques.
– Comprehensive step-by-step description of what-to-do in over 60 medical conditions.
– Warning signs of heart attack, stroke and other medical conditions are discussed.
– Special sections on wound treatments, wilderness, diver rescue and more.
– Illustrated human anatomy chapter.
– Medical Tests
– World-Wide Emergency Telephone Numbers
– Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
– Consult the guide during an emergency or read it at leisure.
– Find the article easily from Table of Contents or A-Z index
Conditions covered by this guide:
3. Bites: Insect and animal bites and stings | Snakebite | Spider bite | Tick bites and Lyme disease | Removing an insect in the ear canal
4. Bleeding: Hemorrhage (heavy bleeding) | Nosebleed | Wounds
5. Bone: Bone fracture | Spinal/neck injury
6. Breathing: Altitude sickness | Anaphylaxis (constriction of airways) | Asthma | Choking | Diver rescue | Drowning | Hyperventilation | Panic attack | Sucking chest wound (Pneumothorax)
7. Cold and flu: Common cold | Flu | Fever | Fever convulsions (febrile seizures)
8. Diabetes: Diabetic coma | Hyperglycemia | Hypoglycemia (insulin shock) | Ketoacidosis
9. Head: Fainting | Head Injury | Migraine | Stroke | Anxiety attacks and nervousness
10. Heat and cold: Heat stroke | Heat syncope | Hypothermia (low body temperature) | Frostbite | Blisters | Dehydration
11. Internal organs: Appendicitis | Cardiac Arrest | Heart attack | Heart failure | Gastrointestinal bleeding
12. Loss of consciousness: Convulsion (Seizure) | Cardiac Arrest | Dehydration | Diabetic coma | Drowning | Fainting | Head Injury | Heart attack | Poisoning | Stroke | Shock | Spinal/neck injury
13. Muscle: Bruise | Convulsion (Seizure) | Cramps | Muscle Strain | Sprain
14. Pain: Appendicitis | Cardiac Arrest | Chest Pain | Heartburn | Migraine | Toothache
15. Poisoning: Poison control center | Poisoning | Food Poisoning | Carbon Monoxide | Carbon Dioxide | Poison-ivy and poison-oak | Insect and animal bites and stings | Snakebite | Spider bite | Overdose from drugs | Heroin Overdose | Cocaine Intoxication | Vomiting
16. Skin: Blisters | Bruise | Burns | Sunburns | Wounds | Tick bites and Lyme disease
17. Women only: Normal Childbirth | Childbirth – emergency delivery | Miscarriage | Elective abortion