Not all carbs are bad!
Many diets today advise you to restrict carbohydrates severely. But the truth is that while certain carbs—those that contain processed sugars—contribute to obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, other carbs are crucial to your physical and mental health.
In this book, you’ll learn:
• The best sources of good carbohydrates
• Why your body functions better on glucose from carbs, rather than proteins
• How to rate the carbs you eat
• How a high-fiber diet combats disease and keeps you trim
• The unhealthiest sugar you can eat
• The effects carbs have on your mind—reducing anxiety, improving recall, and more
• The 25 Super Carbs—from apples to yogurt
• How to lose weight without cutting carbs
Plus: Good Carb recipes to get you started—from chili fries to risotto primavera!