EVERY DAY STARTS WITH A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
Did you just suppress a yawn?
Are you one of the walking weary—the 100 million Americans who suffer from occasional or chronic sleep problems? If so, you know how serious the problem can be: troubled sleepers can lead troubled lives. On an average, we spend one third of our lives sleeping—and how we sleep can make the difference between feeling tired all of the time and facing each day with a fresh, energetic attitude.
This practical guide to healthy sleep by sleep expert Dianne Hales can help you get the rest you need to get the most out of life. It covers the latest discoveries of “sleep scientists”—whose probing of the mysteries of sleep has led to breakthroughs in treating sleep problems—and includes:
• 101 mental maneuvers for putting yourself to sleep
• New treatments for age-old complaints like snoring and sleepwalking
• Effective methods for overcoming sleep rhythm disorders caused by jet lag or shift changes
• New insights into how dreams can help you solve daytime problems
• Simple self-tests to determine if you need professional help—and where to turn if you do
Your sleep problem is not insurmountable. You, too, can sleep like a baby and wake up ready for a healthy, active life.