Molecular Pathology will be the first textbook for introductory pathology courses in Ph.D. and medical school programs that fully incorporates molecular coverage. Since the mapping of the human genome most biomedical fields have migrated to more molecular approaches to the science. The same is true for pathology however the textbooks have not yet caught up with this trend. This will be the first introductory pathology textbook that truly integrates the molecular mechanisms of human disease.
* Exam Master® web site will host “Self-assessment” questions that students can use to study for the molecular section of the board exam
* Companion Web Site – will host a complete set of PowerPoint slides: to include images from the book and additional images for teaching; course materials; lecture materials
* Teaches from the perspective of “integrative systems biology, which encompasses the intersection of all molecular aspects of biology, as applied to understanding human disease
* Outlines the principles and practice of molecular pathology
* Explains the practice of “molecular medicine and the translational aspects of molecular pathology