On Becoming a Doctor
Everything They Don’t Tell You, Everything You Need to Know
Becoming a doctor is so much more than acing your MCATs, living through med school, then getting the perfect residency. It is a career that demands long hours on little to no sleep, constant continuing education, and a tough decision about which of the many types of medicine you want to practice. But with the right guide, you can make the right choices each step of the way.
On Becoming a Doctor calmly and thoroughly walks you through each academic, physical, and emotional step you’ll take on your way to a successful career in medicine, and it includes interviews with many different specialists to help you choose a medical path.
This Essential Insider Advice Will Show You:
• Financing all of the costs of medical school
• The ups and downs of working with insurance companies
• Perspectives on a variety of medical fields
• The educational, physical, and emotional realities of the journey
• Interviews with doctors in many different specialties
• Working with other doctors and the administration
On Becoming a Doctor covers everything you need to know about medical school, residency, specialization, and practice.