Sexual Dysfunction in Patients with Diabetes
The purpose of this course is to provide healthcare providers with the information necessary to identify and address sexual problems in patients with diabetes. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Identify the prevalence of diabetes in the United States and risk factors for its development.
2. Describe the basics of sexual physiology in both men and women.
3. Identify possible causes of sexual dysfunction in patients with diabetes.
4. Evaluate the impact of various lifestyle interventions on sexual functioning in patients with diabetes.
5. Compare and contrast available pharmacologic treatments for sexual dysfunction.
6. Discuss other possible treatments for sexual dysfunction.
7. Outline the psychosocial impact of sexual dysfunction on patients with diabetes.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.