Tell Me What to Eat if I Have Diabetes, Fourth Edition
Just because you have diabetes doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy life, eat well, and be healthy!
In this fourth edition of her best-selling title, Elaine Magee clearly presents the latest medical findings on what causes diabetes, available treatments, and the dietary implications of this disease.
She includes everything you need to know to live with diabetes, from using an individualized carbohydrate budget and using the glycemic index and glycemic load, to revolutionary fiber tips, facts about alternative sweeteners, and smart snacking tips.
She’s also included these great new additions:
• Surprising myths and truths about obesity and weight loss for people with diabetes
• Foods that help prevent high blood sugar when paired with foods that usually cause high blood sugar
• An expanded section on smart breakfast choices (with carb-counting information)
• Quick Carb-Counting Guide and the Diabetes Plate Guide—both of which you can carry with you
• New sections on Beans With Super Powers and Intact Whole Grains (each with five new recipes)
Tell Me What to Eat if I Have Diabetes includes dozens of healthful, practical recipes made from familiar, easy-to-find ingredients, plus up-to-date supermarket and and restaurant advice.
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, nationally known as the Recipe Doctor (www.recipedoctor.com), is currently the Wellness and Performance Nutritionist for Stanford University and the nutrition guru for KSFO Radio’s morning show in Northern California. Elaine was a nutrition expert/writer for WebMD.com for 9 years and has written more than 25 books. Her medical nutrition series—including Tell Me What to Eat books for irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, heart disease, and five other ailments—continues to sell all over the world. Elaine has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows and has contributed articles and recipes to a wide variety of magazines and websites.