A groundbreaking, science-based approach to addiction that addresses it as the chronic brain disease it is and offersa proven lifelong treatment plan.
In The Anatomy of Addiction, readers will discover information and advice on:
– normal vs. problem drinking
- new medications that are now available
– medical and psychiatric complications of different addictions
– the importance of treaing a dual diagnosis (such as addiction and borderline personality disorder or depression)
– maintenance therapy
– when and how to seek treatment, and the roles family members should play
– effective strategies for treating the teenage addict
– inpatient and outpatient treament services
Using proven research and methods, top addiction professional Akikur Mohammad, MD, addresses how to understand and treat multiple types of addiction, from heroin and opiates to alcohol and prescription pills.
As engaging as it is informative, The Anatomy of Addiction is a crucial, science-based action plan to help addicts–and their families, friends, and caregivers–conquer addiction once and for all.