An updated and expanded edition of a trusted resource, which explains how to use diet, exercise, stress control, and hormone treatments to maintain thyroid health
The Thyroid Solution is a must-read for anyone who suffers from thyroid disease. Written by a medical pioneer and leading authority in the field of thyroid research, this groundbreaking book offers Dr. Ridha Arem’s practical program for maintaining thyroid health through diet, exercise, and stress control—and through his revolutionary medical plan, which combines two types of hormone treatments and produces astounding results. This revised edition includes information on
• the discovered links between thyroid issues and fatigue
• a unique treatment program to overcome the physical and mental effects of thyroid disease
• the best ways to combat Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and Graves’ disease
• optimal treatment of thyroid imbalance before, during, and after pregnancy
• strategies to minimize cardiovascular risks related to thyroid disease
• how thyroid hormone affects weight, metabolism, and eating behavior
Featuring a thyroid- and immune-system-friendly diet for healthy and successful weight loss, inspiring patient histories, and interviews that document the dramatic success of Dr. Arem’s bold new treatments, The Thyroid Solution remains the essential resource for doctors and patients on maintaining thyroid and immune-system wellness.
Praise for The Thyroid Solution
“Dr. Arem uncovers the root causes of thyroid disease and lays out an innovative program to help you overcome thyroid dysfunction.”—Amy Myers, M.D.
“Clear, comprehensive, and incredibly useful . . . the best thyroid resource I have ever read.”—Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D., author of Your Last Diet!
“Quite simply the best thyroid book on the market today . . . Dr. Arem validates what I have found in my practice for more than twenty years, especially the importance of T3. I highly recommend this book.”—Elizabeth Lee Vliet, M.D., author of Screaming to Be Heard: Hormone Connections Women Suspect . . . and Doctors Still Ignore