Type 2 Diabetes: Treatment Strategies for Optimal Care
The purpose of this course is to provide physicians with the information necessary to develop treatment regimens associated with optimal adherence and provide adequate patient education, counseling, and support. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Apply epidemiological trends in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) to current practice so at-risk patient populations can be more easily identified, assessed, and treated for T2DM.
2. Utilize knowledge of the pathophysiology and diagnosis of T2DM to create comprehensive treatment strategies that target critical pathways in T2DM development and progression.
3. Identify the therapies for T2DM that are supported by contemporary evidence and are in adherence with current guideline recommendations.
4. Discuss the risks and benefits of tight glycemic control when setting and achieving A1c targets in T2DM patients.
5. Describe strategies to improve patient adherence to T2DM medication by developing treatment regimens associated with optimal adherence and providing adequate patient education, counseling, and support.
This 5-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.