Welcome to total yoga and a new way of feeling, thinking, and being.
The fact that more and more people of all ages are enjoying the profound benefits of practicing yoga is due in large part to the work of Richard Hittleman, whose books on the subject have sold more than eight million copies. He has introduced more Americans to this ancient healing and spiritual art than any other living authority, and here he tells you all you need to know to begin living the yoga way. Yoga for Health gives you:
• Fully illustrated instruction for performing twenty-seven classical postures that will revitalize your entire body and balance subtle energies.
• A guide to safe, healthy vegetarian cooking and thirty balanced menus for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and lunch-box specials—plus expert advice on safe fasting regulating your weight, and eating away from home.
• Recipes fo two hundred sixty-seven quick, wholesome vegetarian dishes that will make your new way of eating a pleasure.
• A clear explanation of the philosophic principles upon which the discipline of yoga is based.
• Complete instruction in ten classical meditation techniques.